Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Justin Has Stolen My Heart

Image from here.
So, do you remember that pesky nutella problem I have?  Of course you do.  Good news.  Nutella has met its match with Justin's Nut Butter.  I stumbled upon it during a gluten-free adventure two weeks ago.  When I saw it, everything went into slow motion as I approached the jar '80's teen movie style; with the bass in my ear and the beat reverberating through the aisles.  Please, I thought.  Please let this be dairy free.

Then I picked up the jar and nervously turned it over to examine the ingredient list.  Dairy-free.  The heavens opened up and angels sang and Republicans and Democrats embraced in the streets and nothing hurt.  I had found it. 

Justin's has chocolate almond, peanut, and hazelnut butter.  Honey almond, and peanut butter.  Regular peanut and almond butter.  And maple almond butter.  Plus dark chocolate and milk chocolate peanut butter cups.  The milk chocolate peanut butter cups are not vegan, as well as the honey products.  Everything else is vegan!  Exciting, yeah?  I know.  Personally, I've never liked honey so there is no loss there, for me, and I've always preferred dark chocolate.

It is all sustainably harvested and green and something you can feel good about.  Is it expensive?  I suppose it could be classified as such.  Let's remember, though, that we're looking at quality, here.  It's not like this is an apple or something that you would have all in one sitting; it's something that is meant to last for a while.

Also, it comes in little individual squeeze packages.  For a student who spends all day in a classroom listening to the smooth stylings of Chaucer, translating middle-English, this is paramount.  You can find Justin's at specialty stores, Safeway, and Raley's -- that I know of.  The website also has a store-locater as these websites to tend to have.  And as always, you can buy it online if you really needed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave A Comment